Sunday, August 26, 2012

Being Prepared - A Dog First Aid Kit

I touched upon some 'Important Pet Resources' in my August 11, 2012 blog.  In this blog, I'm continuing that thought.  Being prepared is not something you do down the road in the future.  It is something you do now, so should something occur 'down the road', you are not caught off guard.  I know the majority of us have extremely busy lifestyles....with family, school, extra-cirricular activities and entertainment, so finding time to fit one more thing in can be a challenge.  However, it is necessary to make time for those things that are important, or could even be an emergency at some later point.

In this blog I am making available to you several valuable resources for a dog first aid kit.  I cannot do it all for you, as it will require some reading on your part, but I am giving you reliable connections to get the ball rolling on your end.  Hopefully you'll never need a first aid kit for your dog.  But having one prepared and knowing how to use it could be the difference between life or death for your dog or a stray dog you happen upon.

I admit, I am a snob when it comes to my furbabies and their care.  I have personally checked, researched and reviewed each one of these recommendations....they have my stamp of approval. I hope you will utilize these resources, as you never know when they could become an invaluable necessity.  All these resources are listed in my 'Websites and Dog Resources'.  You can click on these links and it will take you directly to the web page regarding the product.

You can put your own kit together from scratch, or you can start with a basic one and add to it.  CPR Savers has a nice 63-piece kit in a sturdy bag for $18.35.  If you are interested in adding herbal products (like I am) to your bag, check out the article link from The Herb Companion, it will give you just about all you need to know to help aid naturally.  Wilderness Herbal First Aid has a spray product that is available for minor irritations that would be handy to have.  Farm Dog Products - Farm Dog Herbs in Warwick, NY has a nice website you can check out for valuable information.  The Holistic First Aid Kit is worth checking out as well.

There are a couple of stand alone products that I plan on buying for my first aid kit that I read about in the Whole Dog Journal.  EMT Gel and PAV Salve (once you are on the NATR webpage, go to 'Products' then 'Tree Resin Products').  A must, I believe for every first aid kit! Check out the links provided.

This really isn't rocket science, it's about being prepared and investing some reading time and some well spent money into knowing if your beloved pet (or a stray) needs assistance in an emergency...you will be able to help...and hopefully be a life-saver.  Don't put this off...I cannot stress it enough...now is the time...not later....the life of your dog could depend on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment