Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pet-Aloe: K-9 Crumbles (Dietary Supplement)

Last week when I was out participating in an adoption event, I stopped by one of my favorite health food stores to pick up a few things, and I came across a sample that caught my attention, so I tossed it in my cart.  So, today, I'm finally getting an opportunity to check it out. (You know how I love to research and try new things!)

This product, Pet-Aloe is a dietary supplement made with aloe vera juice, glucosamine, yucca schidigera and vitamins and minerals (A, D, E & B6).  With no animal byproducts, wheat or corn, this would be a great supplement for a dog with allergies...in fact, it is said to help in this area.  It is intended to be used daily.

This company acknowledges in the brochure that came with the sample, what I have said in so many of my blogs, 'many commercially processed pet foods have preservatives, fillers, including sugar, salt and sodium complexes...'  I truly feel it is necessary to supplement the canine diet, because even some of the best foods can still be lacking, even when you use organic....considering soil conditions, environment, processing, shipping distance, storage....all these play a role in the quality of foods we consume.

'The K-9 Crumbles were specifically developed as a nutritional preventative to help maintain and improve your pet's health and well-being.'  There has been much research and development that has gone into this product...and this specific one (they carry many aloe vera based products) has been around since 1996.  Claimed to be 'effective in the treatment of the debilitating side effects of arthritis, hip dysplasia, chronic vomiting, objectionable gas, fecal and body odors, dull coats, hyper-activeness, compromised immune systems, allergies, behavioral and management problems, and as an all-around health toner and conditioner.'  Wow!  Almost sounds too good to be true....however, knowing that all the ingredients are very nutritional, quality products which are made in the U.S.A. (yay!), I have no doubts that it is something very beneficial, that every dog and puppy (and even cats and kittens!) could certainly benefit from the use of.

They have a great web-site which has a store locator so you can find a store close to you to purchase this (and many other items), and it is also available on their web-site (which I have added to 'My Favorties') www.pharmaloe.com.  Their toll free number: 1.800.972.2981 or email at: ask@pharmaloe.com.  A 1# jar is $9.99 and the 5# is $35. (which would be a better deal, especially if you're like me, and feeding multiple dogs!)  The brochure states that 'one pound of K-9 Crumbles will treat a 40-lb pet for approximately one month and is intended for daily supplemental feeding only...to fortify your pet's food, not replace it.  It is necessary to supplement your pet's food daily with K-9 Crumbles for a minimum of one month to see the benefits.'

As with any supplement that is natural or herbal, results do take time...be patient, and be consistent! I am posting a picture below of what it looks like (kinda reminds me of when I had rabbits and fed them rabbit pellets!)  It is to be mixed in thoroughly with the pet's food...which if you're home cooking, won't be a big deal.  I do not anticipate having any problem getting my dogs to gobble it down with the rest of their food.  Use 1 (one) tablespoon K-9 Crumbles to dog's food for each 20-lbs. of body weight.  For puppies just 1/4 teaspoon K-9 Crumbles daily.  I feed my dogs twice a day...so it appears just once daily is all that is needed.

I hope you will consider trying this product for your dog(s), as I plan to.  If you do, please let me know your results.  I always stress not over-supplementing.  Don't add too many supplements at one time, this way you can better know what you're using is working and how well.  (as not everybody benefits from the same thing)  You know, when I give a 'thumbs up' to a product...it has passed my strict approval.



Looking forward to posting several more blogs here soon...it's been very busy at the Chaplin Doggie Diner! Please keep in touch by leaving comments, and please feel free to ask questions or give suggestions for future blogs.  My email address is: ChiLadyInIndy@att.net.  Thank you for your support of this blog, I appreciate my readers!

3 comments:

  1. Please note new email address: TalkToThePawInIndy@aol.com Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you end up liking it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did some reading and saw the glucosamine was from shellfish. Oh well, the search continues.

    ReplyDelete