Saturday, March 23, 2013

Springtime, Inc. - Supplement Review

I really like to search out and use quality supplements for my dogs as much as I enjoy feeding them a healthy diet.  It's great when you find a good article or book that helps in this quest.  However, in this blog, I want to introduce you to a company that has a wealth of information that is contained in their supplement catalog!  I have mentioned this company before in blogs, and I have now added them to my 'Websites and Dog Resources' section of my blog.

I have used Springtime, Inc. over the past 4 to 5 years and have been very pleased with the quality and effectiveness of their product.  They carry a variety of natural supplements for dogs, horses and people.  (Note: Right now until April 30th, they are offering free shipping to 48 states...great deal!)  You can go to their website, www.springtimeinc.com and request a free catalog.  Another great 'perk' to their products is their 'save up to 50% specials' and the 'free product' offerings. (for orders $75 and over)

I am going to hi-light some of the invaluable information in this catalog, and also some of their products.  The 2013 Spring Catalog has a nice spread over 8 pages on 'Safe Raw Food Secrets for Dogs & Horses'.  First off, I'd like to point out that they conduct 20 tests for safety and purity on their products, which are made in the U.S.A.  The desiccated raw beef liver used in their supplements is from Argentina and comes from 'hormone free cattle raised in pristine wild areas'. 

For dogs they have Advanced Hip & Joint Chews, Bee Pollen, Bug Off Garlic (available in air-dried granules or chewables), C-Complex (if you've read some of my previous blogs, I have touted the benefits of using complex vitamins, and not fragments), Joint Health Chewables, Omega 3-6-9, Stress Free Calmplex  and several other beneficial products for our canine friends.  There is a nice article on 'Quick Tips to Evaluate Your Dog's Health', written by Trista Reeder, M.S., Ph.D.

For my order this time I am trying Springtime's 'Fresh Factors'.  I understand this works great with the joint supplement, and it highlights 'itch-free skin and enhancing digestion/reducing stool size, cleanup', among other listed benefits.  I have purchased in the past their 'Joint Health Chewables', but this time I am trying the 'Advanced Hip & Joint Chewables', as I have several aging doggies in our home.  This product contains Boswellia extract and 'is by far the most potent herbal pain reliever available for dogs'.  It also contains chondroitin sulfate extract along with other high grade ingredients.  (Note: always tell your vet what supplements you are giving your dog(s), especially if they are on prescription medications).

I periodically use their Omega 3-6-9 which provides 'complete full-spectrum omega 3-6-9.'  It is ' distilled  wild fish oil (that) has been purified - no heavy metals, PCBs, etc., absolutely clean & safe.'  The 'Bug Off Garlic Chewables for Dogs' is a wonderful alternative to chemical use for flea control.  I have used various garlic supplements over the years (15 plus years) on my dogs, and I do not have flea issues.  It is a great insect repellent, and this one 'provides a 24-hour shield against fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, gnats, etc.'  Garlic is of course, one of the world's most powerful antioxidant foods.  This product 'promotes friendly bacteria in the digestive tract, provides four times more organic sulfur than any other food, and contains natural MSM' (an effect joint enhancer).

On page 39 there is a picture list of recommended reading, several of these are already in my library....and I'd certainly like to add these others as well.  Page 42 hi-lights 'Spot-On Flea & Tick Toxicity'.    This is something every pet parent needs to be aware of.  I have blogged numerous times about keeping a safe, healthy, natural environment inside and outside the home.  I hope you will consider adding these wonderful supplements to your dog(s) regimen.  Even if you are feeding a home cooked diet, or raw; it's very challenging to have it all.  The addition of these natural products will prove to be a valuable compliment.

3 comments:

  1. a couple of weeks ago, I stared giving my dog this supplement i bought from http://amzn.to/1qkTL6t she has regained a lot of her energy & mobility back! She loves the taste of these pills
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the last part I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck. joint health ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!! dog collar nameplate

    ReplyDelete