Saturday, February 8, 2014

Yogurt Pumpkin Surprise


It's always nice to be able to use leftovers.  Thursday morning is oatmeal morning in the Chaplin household, and with so many doggies to feed, I've had to alter my servings from 2 to 3, so there is enough for me to eat too.  But it makes a little too much! So, I found myself with just a bit of extra, but not enough to give to all of the doggies...so I decided to add to it, and came up with another 'Chaplin Doggie Diner Exclusive' recipe.

When I make my oatmeal, I use the organic quick variety and use whole organic milk instead of water.  Note: I added a little bit more milk to the oatmeal to soften it up a bit.  So following is what I added to it (I really don't 'measure' when I cook most of the time, so I will give approximate amounts)
 

1/2 cup oatmeal (already cooked...leftovers)
1/2 c. organic plain yogurt (I use the 'whole milk' variety)
3 heaping Tablespoons pumpkin puree (the 100% type)
1/4 teaspoon organic cinnamon
 

Stir all together and serve with meat as a 'side dish'.

             

No comments:

Post a Comment