Sunday, March 27, 2016

Fresh Pet Food Update....IMPORTANT!!!


I began writing this blog nearly four years ago because I care very deeply for dogs...their well-being is of utmost importance to me.  I obtained my certification in advanced canine nutrition shortly after starting the blog.  I continue to do research and utilize my extensive background in human nutrition to bring to my readers easy to understand, no nonsense information to help them be better pet parents.
 
I recently had a comment left by one of my blog readers, Robin, regarding an issue she encountered with mold in the Freshpet Select.  This is very troubling and disheartening.  I am so sorry to hear that her mom lost a pet because of this and two of her own dogs were sickened by it.  Here is the link to the YouTube video she made...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nJfJdtJAoM
 
I went to the Fresh Pet website and left a detailed comment to them regarding this issue. (http://freshpet.com)  I am anticipating an answer back from them, and I informed them I would be adding a warning to my original blog from October of 2012, and that I would also write an updated blog to warn my readers of this issue.  I am a strong advocate for dogs, I have seven little ones myself.
 
Considering my blog has reached over 90 countries in nearly four years and is approaching 62,000 page views...and the blog on Pet Fresh food has over 4,100 views...that is a considerable reach.  There are many pet parents using this product...I use the kibble for evening meals, and I have purchased the very product where the mold was found.  I questioned them in my comments I left regarding the preservative they use, their shipping methods and the storage and handling once it reaches its destination.  It will be interesting to see/read their response.
 
I will update as I hear further information.  This is important to me, because it is significant to my readers.  I hope this issue can be resolved, as this is one of the few foods on the market that I consider to be worthy of the 'Paw of Approval' from 'Talk To The Paw'.  I certainly don't want to hear of any more dogs becoming ill and definitely no more deaths.
 

Update 3/29/16 - I will be writing another blog to add to this, as I have new information to add....hope to have it added by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment