Saturday, November 10, 2012

Small Paws Senior Canine Sanctuary

I have added a PayPal giving widget to my blog for Small Paws Senior Canine Sanctuary.  I am preparing to start up a 'retirement home' so to speak in my home for small senior dogs.  I am especially fond of these aging creatures, and I want to help.  I am in the process of re-doing a room in my home to house them.  I have seen so many posts on FaceBook to my page of 15 year old plus dogs being dropped off at shelters.  This is awful and it breaks my heart!  I won't be able to house too many at one time, so I can allow each one time and attention, and provide all they need.  I am going to tear up the carpet and put a dog friendly floor in and repaint the walls and decorate in doggie decor.  I will do this myself (saves money and I know how to do it)

I do not make big money, and this will be a financial strain without help.  I am planning to find out all about registering the Sanctuary as a not-for-profit 501(c)(3).  I hope you will consider donating, as I feel this is a worthy cause, and I cannot do it without your help.  I will keep everybody updated, and I have also created a Face Book page you can visit....please 'like' it and share it with family and friends.
 http://www.facebook.com/SmallPawsSeniorCanineSanctuaryIndy

I won't be able to save hundreds of dogs at one time for obvious reasons....but the few I can save each year will mean a lot for those few.  Aging dogs typically require more medical attention, so there will be those expenses.  I need wire crates, beds, extra food and other things that will be necessary to give them all they need.  I appreciate any amount...it adds up.  Thanks for reading my blog and for supporting the Senior Sanctuary <3

1 comment:

  1. Anita, were you able to realize your senior retirement home project?

    ReplyDelete