Sunday, April 22, 2012

Allergy season is upon us and this is quite common among dogs to have allergies.  It can range from mild to extreme, and symptoms vary.  Giving your dog a fish oil supplement such as Omega 3-6-9 from Springtime, Inc. (www.springtimeinc.com) will help keep your dogs skin and coat in top condition.  My Maltese has licked her paws for years...turning them brown from her saliva.  This is most likely a grass allergy.  Although I do not have my lawn sprayed with chemicals, dogs can still have allergies just like humans.  This is a mild form of an allergy and not cause for alarm.  If you dog itches, sneezes and coughs, keeping you up at night, consider using a natural/herbal allergy formula.  I've used a really good one from Vet's Best (http://vetsbest.com) it's a seasonal allergy pill.  Remember when using natural and herbal supplements you need to allow at least 3-4 weeks for it to get in your dog's system and begin working.  I am not an advocate of prescription meds for dogs any more than I am for humans (except in emergency situations)  Keep your dog and your family happy and healthy by using nature's remedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment