Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Doing The Best You Are Able To

I write and post these blogs to help you make better choices for your dog.  I do this because I love my dogs...and everybody else's dog! I love all dogs! I want every dog to have the best possible in nutrition so they can have a quality life, even though there are no guarantees. I look at it as 'insurance' that if something does go awry, that their immune system can hopefully fight it more strongly.

I think I have mentioned it before.  Most of this stuff I do today for my dogs, I just started in probably the last four years, and I've been a dog owner for over 16 years!  Those past days before this, I wasn't just careless, I was just uninformed. I made good choices, but I found there were better choices.  I'm sure at some point my Maltese consumed dog kibble that I would now consider to be junk, because I have learned what is good and what is not.

We all have our financial limitations.  We can only do what we can do allowed by our resources.  I would ask that you take inventory of where your money goes, so that perhaps you can find an area you could cut back on that you could put toward your dog...if you're like me, these are your kids!  Don't you want your human children to have the best you can give them?

I am limited as well.  I cannot do it all...but I do all I am able...and my hope is that you will too.  If you can put a nutritious meal in once a week, it's better than none at all.  Most of this food is items you already purchase for yourself.  Become a savvy shopper.  Read labels for yourself, if you aren't already.  You might be surprised where certain ingredients hide.   I've been doing this for years.  It's a challenge to eat right every day....I struggle with it myself.  I don't want those who read this blog to think I'm perfect (I'm not), or that I'm above everybody else (I'm not)...I'm right here with you, searching out, finding the real truth, and passing it on to help others. I have an extensive background in nutrition, so all that I do now and continue to do comes from years of study.  If I can sift through the complicated, and put if forth simply, then more people will follow it...that is my hope.

Our furry companions have a lot going against them being in our toxic environment...we ourselves struggle, as is evident...heart disease and diabetes are just a couple health issues on the rise.  Our dogs are getting cancer left and right, and dealing with 'human' problems like diabetes.  We need to do something....we have to do something...that's why I'm putting these posts out here.  If there is something you would like me to blog about, please let me know.  Please feel free to leave comments.  Thank you for your support of this site, and give them furbabies a hug and kiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment